- The objects of the Council shall be:–
- (a) to determine the areas in which the welfare of senior citizens needs to be
- (b) to promote generally activities and projects for the welfare of senior citizens;
- (c) to maintain effective communication with senior citizens;
- (d) to diffuse knowledge and information on gerontology;
- (e) to establish contacts with organisations engaged in similar activities in
Mauritius and abroad;
- (f) to advise the Government on matters relating to the welfare of senior citizens;
- (g) to set up and manage homes, day care centres, recreation centres and other
institutions for senior citizens; and
- (h) to implement such policies and programmes in favour of senior citizens, as
may be specified or approved by the Minister.
Subscription fees from affiliated members.